Privacy and cookies
If you continue by using My Room Escape we understand that you accept our Privacy and Cookies Policy.
What kind of personal information does My Room Escape use?
You will be asked to have some of your personal information in order to make your reservations, but first of all, you will need to create a user account.
In this account, you will be able to save your personal configuration, see your past reservations and manage the future ones.
Once you are going to make a reservation, you will be asked to give your address, phone number, e-mail, payment details and your preferences about the Room Escape.
Every time you visit our website, the system may obtain some data from your computer that will allow us to know things such as the operating system you are using and its version, the language configuration and the sites you have been shown, in order to ease your navigation through My Room Escape website.
What does My Room Escape do with your personal information?
- Reservations: First and foremost, we use your personal data to complete and administer your online reservation and forward your reservation details to the Room Escape you have booked.
- Customer service: We provide customer service in order to respond to any questions you might have about your reservation.
- Guest reviews: We use your contact information to invite you by email to write a guest review after your experience with My Room Escape. If you don’t want your name to appear in the comment, you can use your user name (you can choose that option in your profile) or you can display the comment anonymous. Your comment can help other users to choose the Room Escape that suits them best.
- Account administration: We use the information you give us to administer the user account you create, allowing you to manage your bookings, take advantage of special offers, make future reservations more easily and manage your personal settings.
- Marketing activities: We also use your information for marketing activities, as permitted by law. For example:
- When you make a reservation with us or set up a user account, we may use your contact information to send you news through our blog. You can decide if you want to stop receiving our newsletter at any time using the "Unsubscribe" link in each newsletter, or you can administer your subscriptions through your account.
- Other communications: There may be other times when we get in touch by email. There could be a number of reasons for this:
- We may need to respond to and handle requests you have made.
- If you have not finalized a reservation online, we may email you a reminder to continue with your reservation.
- Market research: We sometimes ask our customers to take part in market research.
- Fraud detection and prevention: In case we detect an illegal activity or not desirable related to your user, we will contact you to solve it.
How does Booking.com use social media?
We use social media to promote different scenarios that any Room Escape user is offering, as well as to promote our own services.
We have integrated social media plugins into the Booking.com website, so when you click on one of the buttons and register with your social media account, information is shared with your social media provider, and possibly presented on your social media profile to be shared with others in your network.
How does Booking.com share your data with third parties?
In certain circumstances, we may share your personal data with third parties.
- The owner of the Room Escape: In order to complete your reservation, we need to transfer relevant reservation details to the accommodation you have booked. This may include information such as your name, your contact details, your payment details, the number of people coming with you and any preferences you specified when making a booking.
- Business partners: in some cases, My Room Escape may need collaboration of another external company, for example, those related to areas of extraordinary security.
- Competent authorities: We disclose personal data to law enforcement and other governmental authorities insofar as it is required by law or is strictly necessary for the prevention, detection or prosecution of criminal acts and fraud.
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small amount of data that is placed in the browser of your computer or on your mobile device.
Why are cookies used?
Cookies allow you to be recognised as the same user across the pages of a website, so they will allow your choices to be remembered – choices such as the language you prefer, the currency you use and your search criteria.
How are cookies used?
Our website uses the following types of cookie:
- Technical cookies: They are absolutely necessary for our website to function properly. We use them to create your user account, to sign you in and to manage your bookings.
- Functional cookies: They are used to remember your preferences and to help you to use our website efficiently and effectively. They add functionality to the website and enhance your experience.
- Analytics cookies: We use these cookies to gain insight into how our visitors use the website, which web pages you have viewed, which referring/exit pages you have entered and left from, etc. However, we will not know who you are, and will only obtain anonymous data.
How long do My Room Escape cookies stay active?
The cookies we use have varying lifespans. The maximum lifespan we set on some of them is five years from your last visit to our website. You can erase all cookies from your browser any time you want to.
Who has access to My Room Escape cookie data?
Only My Room Escape has access to Booking.com cookies.
How can you manage your cookie preferences?
Using your browser settings you can set which cookies to accept and which to reject.
If you choose not to accept certain cookies, you may not be able to use some functions on our website.
What security procedures does My Room Escape put in place to safeguard your personal data?
In accordance with European data protection laws, we use a website encryption with SSL certificate in order to prevent unauthorised access and the misuse of personal data.
The services offered by My Room Escape are not directed at children under 18 years old. The use of any of our services is only allowed for adults or for children with the valid consent of a parent or a guardian. If we receive information from a child under 18 years old, we reserve the right to reject them and the fees will not be refunded.
You always have the right to review the personal information we keep about you and that you have given us by yourself through the user control panel, where you will be able to delete your account if you want so.